This is a release candidate made in conjunction with GeoServer 2.2 beta and uDig 1.3.2.
As a release candidate we are pleased to showcases all the great improvements made for GeoTools 8.0 including docs, swing and core datastore improvements to support wfs2. On its own 8.0-RC1 is a jam-packed release with 65 fixes or improvements:
- Upgraded to the latest ImageIO-Ext 1.1.3
- Shapefile "next generation" support with sorting
- A handy GeometryBuilder for fluent programming creation of geometries
- For more details see the GeoTools 8.0-RC1 Release Notes
- David Winslow who is a GeoServer committer and also the lead of the GeoNode project. David has proposed a number of solid patches over the years and most recently some work on the TransformerBase class to allow it to do buffered writing with mark/reset capabilities.
- Martin Davis has been putting forth some great patches as of late, most recently centered around supporting 3/2.5D data making its way through the entire "stack".
The GeoTools Community