The GeoTools community is pleased to bring you GeoTools 10.7:
Artifacts are also available from our maven repository.
GeoTools 10 has passed into maintenance - offering an extra six months of support. For more information see Changing Tracks on the the GeoTools Release Train.The GeoTools 10.7 Release Notes detail changes including:
- Feeling cold? Rendering improvements for the north/south poles
- In addition to lambert azimuthal (above) rendering for lamber conformal and equidistant conic as improved
- More labeling fixes (two consecutive newlines and auto-wrap with parentheses)
- SQL improvements for encoding FeatureId filters
There is one more maintenance release scheduled for August. Plan your upgrade to GeoTools 11 appropriately.
About the GeoTools 10.x Series
Summary of the features for the GeoTools 10.x series:
- Structured grid coverage readers allow raster data sources that publish composite data products to expose individual rasters (ie granules) for processing, while still providing a seamless experience for rendering. The mosaic and NetCDF modules are the first ones to implement these new interfaces.
- Efficient support for multiple coverages in GridCoverageReader provides ad-hoc access to raster formats that publish more that one data product. A image mosaic made of NetCDF granules and single file NetCDF sources are the first implementors of these new capabilities
- A new implementation of Shapefile DataStore (based on ContentDataStore superclass). This upgrade should be seamless for all users using DataStoreFactoryFinder. If you explicitly made use of the ShapefileDataStore or IndexedShapefileDataStore class please check the upgrade instructions.
- The transform module graduated to supported status, providing a seamless way to rename, retype and hide SimpleFeatureSource attributes, as well as creating new ones based on OGC Expression
- Additional OGC modules for the WCS 2.0 and WCS 2.0 EO models as well as adding XML parsers and encoders
- Support for fills made with randomized symbols
The 10.x series features a number of research and development activities:
- NetCDF has been updated to take advantage of the new coverage API introduced above
- GeoPackage: a sample implementation of the geopackage spec that is currently being developed by the OGC
If you are interested in helping out please introduce yourself on geotools-devel mailing list.
The GeoTools Community