The GeoTools community is pleased to bring you GeoTools 10.6:
Artifacts are also available from our Maven repository.
- app-schema improvements handling nulls and undefined namespaces
- SpatialLite supports now supports views in addition to tables
- Oracle support continues to approve with better CRS axis name and spatial index support
- Small fixes for GeoJSON, GeoTIFF, process annotations
About the GeoTools 10.x Series
Summary of the features for the GeoTools 10.x series:
- Structured grid coverage readers allow raster data sources that publish composite data products to expose individual rasters (ie granules) for processing, while still providing a seamless experience for rendering. The mosaic and NetCDF modules are the first ones to implement these new interfaces.
- Efficient support for multiple coverages in GridCoverageReader provides ad-hoc access to raster formats that publish more that one data product. A image mosaic made of NetCDF granules and single file NetCDF sources are the first implementors of these new capabilities
- A new implementation of Shapefile DataStore (based on ContentDataStore superclass). This upgrade should be seamless for all users using DataStoreFactoryFinder. If you explicitly made use of the ShapefileDataStore or IndexedShapefileDataStore class please check the upgrade instructions.
- The transform module graduated to supported status, providing a seamless way to rename, retype and hide SimpleFeatureSource attributes, as well as creating new ones based on OGC Expression
- Additional OGC modules for the WCS 2.0 and WCS 2.0 EO models as well as adding XML parsers and encoders
- Support for fills made with randomized symbols
The 10.x series features a number of research and development activities:
- NetCDF has been updated to take advantage of the new coverage API introduced above
- GeoPackage: a sample implementation of the geopackage spec that is currently being developed by the OGC
If you are interested in helping out please introduce yourself on geotools-devel mailing list.
The GeoTools Community