Second milestone release in the 2.7 series wraps up a refractor of the classes used to make maps. We are also gathering up our website and documentation in preparation for the 2.7 release.
This release features:
- MapContext Refactor: simplified map mapping with specific layer classes for each type of content
- Allow inserts to use existing feature ID: allows a feature id to be provided as part of an FeatureStore.addFeatures method call.
- GEOT-3075 Add support for Postgis 1.5 geography columns
- Upgrade EPSG database to version 7.5: The epsgh-hsql and epsg-h2 plugins were updated with the latest EPSG database. The light epsg-wkt content has also been updated to match
The 2.7 series features:
- Unit of Measure support for styling; allowing line symbolizer width to be specified in meters (thanks to Jonathan Milton)
- JDBC Virtual Table
For more information please review the Release Notes:
For more information on GeoTools and the 2.7 series: