The Geotools community is pleased to announce the release of Geotools 8.1 to sourceforge downloads:
- GeoTools 8.1 Release Notes
We would like to thank all the developers, users and contributor that have helped to make this release possible.
The GeoTools Community
About GeoTools 8.1Geotools 8.1 is a stable release made in conjunction with GeoServer 2.2-RC3 and uDig 1.3.2.
This is a bug fix release with a small number of improvements:
- [GEOT-4126] App-schema: Enable specifying row number in getting sourceExpressionw for denormalised rows
- [GEOT-4216] Add SplitPolygon, Polygonize processes
- [GEOT-4217] H2DataStoreFactory does not create a manageable data source
- [GEOT-4236] Allow external PRJ to override internal CRS definition
- For additional information (and 11 bug fixes) please see the GeoTools 8.1 Release Notes.
About The GeoTools 8 SeriesThe GeoTools 8 is the stable release series recommended for production systems.
New features available in Geotools 8:
- Great new user guide with live codes examples, tutorials and build instructions
- Build improvements with support for Update to Java 6 and support for either Maven 2 or Maven 3
- Filter 2.0 Support consisting of
- Add support for joins to the WFS protocol
- Function lookup using qualified Name
- Separate MapContext from MapViewport allowing multiple tiles to use the same map definition
- For more information please review the GeoTools 8 change control proposals